The Clown


This is one of my favorite pictures It was taken when I was in my mid-40's and also the year I decided to 'stay '31' for the rest of my life;. A trick I learned from a client while I was working in a retirement communty in Reno as a 'hair-burner'...I mean hair stylist.

Her name was Lucille. One day she came bopping into the salon for her Friday morning appointmet wearing slacks, a sweater thrown over her shoulder, and carrying a crossward puzzle book. She was grumbling that she was tired of living around these 'old dodos'. When I started laughing, she asked what I thought was so funny.


I thought it was hilarious that a woman, about to fly off by herself to Seattle to a pary that was going to be given in her honor to celebrate her 90th birthday would say something like that about people who so much younger in years than she was.


She said words that I'll never forget. "Pick a number you like and stay that number for the rest of your life. Your body will get older but you won't. You are not your body. People get hung up on a number and buy into it." Thank you, Lucille...wherever you are.


At the time, 31 sounded good to me. It was an age where I was old enough to know better and young enough to keep my mind open to new things. This picture represents the 'inner kid' being let out and having fun. Hey...laughter and fun is what's gotten me over the rough spots. How old will I be my next birthday? 31...of course. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...