Nervous Ervis meets Painless Surgery

Now that it's over, it's time for me to do a little sharing. When I found out about the cataracts that I had, I was excited to have the surgery. People told me that it didn't hurt...that I didn't have anything to be nervous about...I'd be glad when I had it done, etc. etc.

My thought when I heard all this stuff was, "Yea, right. I'll wait until after it's over ...and then I'll believe you." Mr. Doubting Thomas was the best way to describe me.. As the day of surgery rapidly approached (and as I'm reading what I'm writing, I'm laughing because I sound like a writer who has a corncob stuck up his...uh, pen) I was just as nervous as I was excited. Hey, what can I say. I'm a chicken and pain is NOT my best friend and 'painless surgery' is not something I've experienced. Surgery, yes. Painless no.

I'm sitting here writing this the day AFTER surgery and all I can say is that they were right!! I'm a Mr. Believer. No pain, no discomfort and I'm sitting in front of the computer writing this blog and actually seeing what I'm writing...and I don't have the magnifier or glasses on. Is my vision perfect? No...I still have one cataract to go. That's like trying to dance with a cast on...but I'm dancing. The images are clearer, the colors brighter and I'm having the next one done next month. Wahoooo. And I'm off...'cause it's time for the eye drops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...