Playing with the ...dictionary??

Ever since my mama taught me the ABC's, I've found them to be one of my favorite toys to play with. Then came reading. If D O G were turned around it would spell G O D. That was my first profound thought that I remember.

Somewhere along the line, and I'm clueless as to when, I realized that all the words in the English language were made up of only 26 letters. And they could all be found in the dictionary. Hmmm.

The parents of an inquisitive only child find ways of keeping the little guy occupied while they were doing the adult things necessary in life. As soon as I learned to read, they bought me my first dictionary. If I caught them at a 'bad time' when they couldn't stop to answer the endless 'what does that mean'...they resorted to saying, "Look it up". Soon I found out that it was easier to do that then to put my book down and go chasing around to find someone to tell me. I've be doing that ever since. The fun part is , I only have to look up words that I'm interested in.

From there I moved into writing. By using the same 26 letters and my imagination I can use them to create anything I choose. At this stage in life, it's the funnest thing I can imagine doing and although I'm not an expert 'builder' of stories...yet, I'm working on it. And the dictionary is one of my favorite tools to play with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...