Auntie Mame said...


"Life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death."

I first saw the movie, Auntie Mame, in the late '50's. Am I dating myself? So, I'll risk it. Anyhow that was and is one of my favorite 'high energy' movies. Rosalind Russell did a fantastic job of portraying Mame Dennise, an out of work woman at the beginning of the depression.

She was a woman saw life differently than most and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. She went down paths where 'angels feared to tread' and spoke lines that really floated...and still float my cork. If I were going to throw a party, Rosalind Russell as Mame Dennis would be one of the guests I would invite to my 'banquet.'

There are so many things that I enjoy today that haven't changed. I love to be happy because I love the energy it gives me. And I don't need an energy drink to do it. As I look at the 'banquet table' life sets before me TODAY... 'cause that's all I've got to work with, I look for the good stuff.

First I pour myself a glass of 'champagne' ...in the form of Rosalind Russell who has an incredible way of making me feel better. Do you want to know a coincidence? (Which I don't believe in) She comes from Waterbury, CT which is where I'm living now. That lady has a wonderful sense of timing as a comedic actress and my secret's out...I love comedy. So watching a movie of this sort makes me all bubbly inside.

Then I pour myself another glass of 'champagne'...called YouTube. Do you know why? Because I can watch snatches of Auntie Mame again. In fact I've found there is so much on YouTube for me to see I hardly know where to begin. OK...enough 'champagne'.

The point is I can have fun every day of the week looking for things that are right under my nose that make me happy on my 'banquet table'. That's why I figure if I look at the good stuff that's on my 'table' today...I'll never go hungry. Life is not about having 'boneless chicken' or 'pitless olives'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...