Will Rogers...my hero

When I was a kid I used to have my heros. For the guys I had Superman, Batman, Spiderman. And being nonsexist from an early age, I also had heroines.
Wonder Woman was no slouch and Sheena, Queen of the Jungle ran a close second.


Now that I'm supposed to be an adult...at least I look like one, that kinda faded into the past. I like certain people for certain reasons but it's not the same... until I started reading some of Will Rogers stuff. What a hoot and a half he is.
That's who I want to write like 'when I grow up'...if I ever do.


By coincidence he came from the same planet as I do...Earth, but he had Superman powers to make people laugh. He describes his background. "My relatives didn't come over on the Mayflower but they were there to greet the ship when it docked."
Hey...I think that's funny.


He had another one that goes..."There are three kinds of men. Those that read. A few who learn by observing. And the rest who have to pee on the electric fence themselves." That's not only funny, but profound.


My 'Crocker barrel analysis' of it would be. "If you don't read the signs that under your nose ...or learn by other peoples mistakes...then you're just going to be one of those people who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. In other words PAY ATTENTION TO THE 'SIGN' THAT'S UNDER YOUR NOSE. It gave me something to think about. Oh, well.


He's got so many GOOD that I have to go and read some more. Do I want to write like him? 'Course not. He's a tough act to follow. I want to get my own act up and running. Maybe someday...


In the meantime here's some more of the fun things...and in his own voice no less.



www.bemorecreative.com.

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

My roller skating sweater...

What's a...serious side?