It was a 'grab a shovel' kinda day...

Sometimes it's EZ to be in 'la la land' when most everything is going hunky dorey. But what happens when Murphy's Law shows up to screw up the works? Shooosh. This is when size 13 'feet of clay' trips me up and I forget...'everything happens for a reason'.

The morning began as usual. I woke up. I found out later that I'd slept through a mega thunder and lightening storm. The sun was shining, the pup was still snoozin' so I had some 'free time'.
I poured a cup of 'last night's coffee' (because I forgot to set up the pot) and went out to grab the morning paper off the back porch. :-( No paper!

Then I went to the computer to see how much my paycheck was so I could figure out my bills.
The error message informed me that I had no internet connection. :-(

Next stop...the TV. I turned it on. I saw the channel numbers and could change channels but the screen was black...no picture. :-(

Then the telephone idea popped into my head. I could call for...HELP. They would know how to fix things. No dial tone and I don't own a cell phone. :-(

A pay phone. :-) Except I couldn't figure out where there was one. So...I jumped in the car and drove six blocks to where I work and asked to use theirs. After 'explaining' my situation and then apologizing to the poor guy on the other end of the line who was trying to help me, arrangements were made to have a 'problem solver' come to the house and fix it all.

Next stop. Home. I was dying for a fresh cup of coffee. After getting it all set up, I found out that it too stopped working. I'd have to buy another pot. :-( And then...I started laughing. I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

The long and short of it is that I accomplished more before I left for work than I would have imagined. And the day turned out amazingly...blessed! I thought about what to do when I'm deep in 'do do'. Start shoveling and grow something.

I've grown 11 hours older, the time is 11:11PM, everything is fixed, and I've successfully made a few wiser choices along the way because of it. Thanks to the fact that I had 'something' to shovel. Everything happens for a reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

My roller skating sweater...

What's a...serious side?