The fun is learning something new...

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford

Hmmm. Maybe that's why I still feel so young. There's not a day goes by that I don't learn something new. I figure as soon as I get to the point where there's nothing else I want to learn, then I'll be a Mister Know-It-All and stop growing...and I can't see that happening. In this lifetime anyhow.

Now my body has different ideas about the 'youth' thingy. I look in the mirror in the morning and there's the unanswered question staring me in the face. Who are you and what happened to John? It's not exactly what I say every day...but the question does pop up now and again.

So am I young? You betcha. I still 'hear the bell' (Polar Express) and I still believe in Santa Clause. The spirit of him, anyhow. And do I like Harry Potter. 'Course I do. I feel like I'm a kid in the fifth term at Hogworts....still a lot to learn.

The whole point is, for me learning and growing are part of what makes me who I am. Of course I want to keep growing. Older...and a little smarter. It's fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...