Living...and learning

I have been trying to find out who said, "Live like it's your last day on earth and learn like you will live forever." Can anyone help me out on that one?

I like it. If today were me 'last day', what would I choose? Happiness would be my first choice. Of course I would like my last day to be a happy one...like I should want it to be unhappy? Duh. But that is only the choice that I can make because I'm the only one who knows for sure what makes me happy.

I think a lot of times that I've lost the power to be happy because I've looked for something or someone outside myself to make me happy. When 'it or they' don't come through with the goods as I expected...then I walk around with a puss on my face and am disappointed. Of course, like 'it or they' let me down.

Now this is the way I'm figuring it out. If, when I wake up in the morning and decide before my tootsies hit the floor, that I'm going to be happy...hey, I've got battle half won. Now I start looking for all the things I already have that 'float my cork'. And guess what. I keep finding more and more things that do the job. Now the ball's in my court. I have the power to find happiness and I'm no longer dependant. Of course, the it/they thing can make me happier, but now I'm 'seeking and finding' all the good stuff in today.

Yep, that's the way I want to spend the rest of my todays. Happy as I can be...one day at a time.
And learning what I need to learn...one day at a time. I use the elephant analogy. Life is like eating an elephant. It looks big and scary when you look at the whole thing. But if you take it 'one bite' at a time...one day at a time...it's not.

If I seem to be happy and having fun...it's because I am. It's what I choose that does the trick.
Now everyone...and everything is 'off the hook.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...