Mr. Patience I'm...Not!

There was I time in my life, when I thought that patience was my strong suit. Not any more. Now that I'm journeying into the self-discovery thingy I find that that 'suit' has a lot of wrinkles. Some of the things that I AM patient with does take the patience of a Saint but I'm afeard my halo has a wee but of tarnish on it, too. The conclusion I've drawn on that idea is that I'm not perfect...like it took a rocket scientist to figure that out.



For the most part, learning for me is fun. But if it comes to learning something that I don't find interesting or fun or useful, my patience takes a nose dive off the cliff and I lose it. As I see it, since I'm living in a fast paced universe and as long as I'm here, why not have as much fun as I can with my free time. 'Cause having fun takes no patience at all.



Rosalind Russell's line about 'life being a banquet'...from the movie Auntie Mame, got me to thinking. She's right. A lot of my twenty-four hours is taken up by doing the necessary things in life, why not make as much of that time as I can... fun. Hey, it's worth a shot...and fun doesn't require a lot of patience. So now I've got a whole new game to play...The Game of Life, 2009 edition. I'm cheating a bit though. I'm playing it with a partner called A New Attitude. It's much more fun... and requires a lot less patience to play it. It's worth a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...