Recipe for turning a 'crappy' day into a 'crappie' day...

Nope...you have not reached another 'cooking show' with oodles and oodles of fun recipes. This is my idea of how to handle what's on my plate for today.

First...let me digress for a moment. Or maybe two moments. I have found from growing up in Cleveland, Ohio beside the beautiful Lake Erie and Cuyahoga River (before it became so polluted that it caught on fire) that crappy/crappie...although they sound the same have two separate meanings. They also have something in common. Unless handled properly...they both stink.

Crappie is the name of a fish that looks like this. Here goes....I'm pulling out my magic wand and am going to produce a picture of one and insert it right here. Whooosh. (A picture's worth a thousand words 'they' tell me).


THIS IS THE SPOT WHERE THE STUPID PICTURE IS SUPPOSED TO BE.


Hmmm, my whooooosh didn't work this time...I'll have to work on it. LOL In the meantime, take my word for it. A crappie is a 'fish'. I've had crappy days and crappie meals in my time. This is the way I handle both. First of all, I'm not overly fond of crappie any more than I am of crappy days. So, if I add the right seasoning the fish will taste less crappie. What about the crappy days? I season those with as much humor I can find in my magic cupboard of spices...and the days, although not completely better are more tolerable. It's the seasoning that I use to get me over the rough spots. That's what works for me.

Do you have a secret ingredient?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...