What is a Happiness Project?

In my wanderings over thither and yon in the vast realm of the internet, I keep finding many things and people that inspire me to grow... because I figured out that I've still got plenty of time and a bunch of room to do that. I'm not like a potted plant...root bound.

Today I'm going to focus on one...Gretchen Rubin and her Happiness Project. She's not only fun to read, but inspiring. In fact she's inspired me to get my own Project off the ground.

There are a few things about happiness that I find interesting.

1. I'm the only one that knows me as well as I do, so I'm the only one who knows for sure what
makes me happy.

2. If I'm in a mood where I choose not to be happy, God and all his angels aren't going to change
it. And if I'm not happy...who wants to be around me? Hey, even I don't want to be around
me... but I'm stuck.

3. Happy is a lot more fun than most of the other moods I can think of. And I love to have fun...
so my goal is to become a happy camper and look for all the things I can find to haul along
with me on my camping trip through LIFE.

So the first thing I have to do is start HERE and NOW...which is always a good place to start. I choose to BE happy. That feels goooooooooooooooood. I made a choice. Now I'm on a scavenger hunt to find all the things that make me happy. And the best place to look is right where I'm at. Hey, I've gotta start somewhere.

Well, it all began this morning...when I woke up. That in itself makes me happy because it beats the alternative. I at least have another today to work with. That's why it's a gift...called the present. I'm off to grab a cup of coffee and think about me...and the wonderful things that make me happy in today's present. Hmmmm. Gives me a LOT to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...