I married a gem...or is she a chameleon?





When I first went hunting for pictures I forgot what Chameleons really looked like. I remember when I was growing up in Cleveland my folks would take me to the circus and buy me one. I'd pin it on my shirt and it would be my pet...for awhile. :( I must've done something wrong because before long it would stop moving and 'take a trip to heaven.' That's the explanation Mom gave me when I cried. Somehow, I didn't quite think there was a 'chameleon heaven'...but that's another story.

I've gotten to the stage of my life that I thought mebbe I should take a closer look at the person who said "I DO" many years ago...that seem like yesterday. I knew she was a gem when I married her but I didn't know how much a chameleon she'd become. But there are times I seem to take her for granted, forget to tell her and act like "the man without a brain." ...but I'm a guy. Sometimes we forget to say things like...


When I needed a wife...she was there.
When I needed a girlfriend to take out to dinner...she was there.
When I needed a friend to talk to...she was there.
When I needed a hero to show me the definition of COURAGE...she was there.
When I needed someone to laugh or cry with...she was there.
When I needed a woman to argue with...she was there.

Just like a chameleon, no matter what I need she keeps changing into the perfect fit. Not because I want her to but because she is who she is. We are both individuals who have managed to stay individuals and grow closer together instead of further apart. And she's the one person on my team that I can count on. She's a diamond wrapped up into one package called...SYLVIA. And she's still by my side.

How lucky can a guy get? I don't think...I KNOW and I hope she does too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

My roller skating sweater...

What's a...serious side?