Ben Pagone... Gone, but not forgotten...

Today I went to a wake for my brother-in-law, Ben. Tomorrow I'll be attending his funeral. Ben was one of those easy going people that took life as it came and never seemed to get 'stressed out' the way most people I know do. At 91 he had remarkably few wrinkles.

His life wasn't all about 'carefree' but he seemed to put things in perspective. He touched a lot of peoples' lives...mine included and was responsible for putting many of the people that I love today into my life. I was thinking that it's a shame that we have to wait until 'the soul has left someone's body' to get together to meet and talk about 'what they meant to us'.

Today I feel closer to him than I did when he was 'in the flesh'. And I can say is 'Thanks, Ben. I chose to celebrate the life you led and the great 'family' you added to my life by being on this planet.' Now every time your name is mentioned, you come 'alive' again. Maybe not everyone may understand this...but I 'feel' you do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...