Am I a Nerd...I wonder?

I was sitting thinkin' about 'growing up' in Cleveland. I lived ten minutes via Lakeshore Blvd from the old Cleveland Stadium, went to a high school that had one of the best football teams in town, and can recall my 'game attendance' in my entire 72 years on one hand. Football -0 : Baseball 2. It wasn't that I wasn't interested...it's just I was bizee doing other 'stuff' and got slightly underexposed to 'sports'.

I can remember wearing out my library card, riding roller coasters a few blocks from where I lived, spending time at my uncle's boathouse during the summer, working, roller skating...but I never had time to 'watch a game'. I've never seen a football game from beginning to end in my life.

I took the two buses when I was 11 to the Cleveland Museum of Art for the 'free art lessons' they offered in the summer program and I learned the basics of painting. I used to have to carry my birth certificate with me (before ID cards existed), not to prove I was old enough, but to show that I was young enough to travel at the lower rate (that included the movie theatre. I was bigger and looked older than I was.
But the 'older look' took me to places I couldn't go otherwise...especially the library.

Was I on the 'honor roll'? Not with as many classes as I flunked. I won't say how far from the bottom of the class standing I was...other than it wasn't last. I was an 'intellectual NOT. I did belong to the Chess Club in HS. But dropped out when I went to work at 14. The 'look' landed me a job.

So while I'm doing all this 'profound' thinking...I'm wondering if I'm a nerdy clown or not. But in the final analysis...who cares? I sure don't. I'm 2 busy having fun being who I am. It's hard telling what lies 'between the pages of any book'. I'll wait and see what my Obituary tells about me. That outta be a hoot! I'll flunk Reading because they won't deliver the newspaper. My Life is not about anything but doing the best I can with what I've got...and I'm doing it. No right or wrong...just choices. When it comes to labels I only have one that fits 'all'. INDIVIDUALS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...