Extra! Extra! 'A New Adventure'...yesterday's edition.




Yesterday I did something I'd never done before. I was an 'extra' in a movie. A Mafia movie no less. That surprised the heck out of me. I'm more Wizard of Oz/ Peter Pan kinda guy... but I'm learning to be Mr. Versatility.

A friend of mine was shooting an Independent movie called Holyland The Movie and needed extras for a picnic scene. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I've been wanting to check out the Ponte Club because Sylvia is a Ponte, I love to see what goes on 'behind the scene' of movie making, and since I'm retired...I have the time. So I gave it careful thought (about 35 seconds worth) and decided to volunteer my 'ignorance' to the project. I hauled my 'body along for a prop.

The shoot was going to be at the Ponte Club at 11am yesterday, on Farmwood Rd. which is on the other side of town. Since I have no car, I thought I'd grab a bus as far as I could and grunt the rest of the uphill mile. :( Lately anything that isn't flat and goes up is a 'hill'.

I went prepared for 'a picnic'. I used the 'use-it-again' bag that I bought at the grocery store, filled it with 2 peanut butter sandwiches (in case I got hungry), two bottles of water (self-explanatory), a blanket, a notebook, and...a camera! Then at 9:45 I set off on the my adventure. My timing was a little off and as slow as I walked...I got there 1/2 hour early. I sat and 'communed with nature'...and got my nose sunburned because I forgot sunscreen.

The 'shoot' went well and I met some fun and interesting people, learned a lot about 'behind the scenes' thing and had a great outing. The camera was used on the way back 'down' :) and I took some cool pictures...for Mr. Not Cameraguy.

Now a sneak peak at Holyland The Movie...



...and that was my Yesterday! Today is another New Beginning. ;-)

Comments

joni said…
Now I see why you're a Moon Shooter!
You go out and shoot the moon daily! *hugs*

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...