Dancing...and tripping down Memory Lane.

Little did John and Stella know, when they met at that dance at Slovenian Home in 1936, that they were going to create a Zumba nut that would write about the ‘polka’ 72 years later. They’re the one’s that got the ball rolling and I’m just the ‘result’. My history in the making. Memory Lane’s gotta start somewhere,and Polka Alley’s is as good a place as any to begin.

This morning while I was reading through the newspaper, I noticed that Jimmy Sturr, the Polka King was going to appear here in Waterbury,CT on Oct. 30. That got my toes to tapping and stirred up my imagination quicker than a spoon. At this point it’s pretty EZ for me to do with all the practice I’ve had.

I got to thinking about my folks and how dancing was just about the funnest thing they loved to do with their free time...that didn’t cost a lot of money. Maybe that explains why they were so good at it? So I’m living proof that the nut doesn’t fall far from the ‘buckeye’ tree. Did I just say that? Ohio is known as the Buckeye state. ( A little trivia there )

During the course of my travels and ‘dancing’ career, (I use the term ‘very’ loosely) I’ve picked up a lot of dance steps. Let’s see, hmmm. Waltz, polka, twist, square dance,a smidgen of ballroom dancing, dancing on roller skates, stuff I learned on American Bandstand,etc. Now I'm pooped out from the Etctering.

Sheesh, enough of Memory Lane. Back on Hi Way. NOW I’m wondering...has anyone tried to mix the Polka and the Zumba? I imagine it might be an interesting recipe. Or not. Hmmm? I ain't tried that one...yet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...