Sometimes pictures speak of sentiments....



Some pictures speak a thousand sentiments...
As I sat looking at the trunk that sits to my right, my thoughts spoke to me about 'sentimental value'. This is what they told me...

"Look at me closely. Look at my foundation. I'm the Trunk that belonged to Sleeping Beauty's mother. I traveled thousands of miles, back and forth across the ocean, to Italy, where your mother-in-law was born. But my journey didn't stop there. I was part of your home for the past 30 years. I traveled with you,more thousands of miles, as you moved back and forth across the United States. Now I rest beside your desk."

It's contents told another story. "We are the Quilts and Curtains that Sylvia used to magically transform any house you lived in, into a 'home'. We are waiting to see if you remember the love and care that were given to us as we were carefully placed inside 'the foundation'."

Covering them all, the Throw spoke up. "I was crocheted by your sister-in-law, Addie, as a gift to your honey. It took hours of loving work to make me what I am today, a covering for your Foundation. Do you remember?"

On top, sit the dolls that Syl collected. In the center was a doll wearing an 'I love dolls' tee shirt, carrying an ample supply of tiny dolls in her coat. Standing in a stoneware dish, she too had something to say.

"You dumb klutz, couldn't you find anything better to stand me up in than... cookware?
I know I'm wobbly, but I'm not the numskull. I'm not the one who took a video instead of 'picture' with his new camera that 'he' didn't know how to use. But I won't tell if you won't tell... Blabbermouth"


Yep there's a lot going on in Crockerville. More that meets the eye.

The End...of one 'John Story'. The beginning of another. I ain't perfect but I'm perfectly sentimental. And if I don't stop, I'll be known at the Nutcrocker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...