What? No ordinary family....?

I've been watching more TV lately than I normally used to. Which isn't saying a whole bunch 'cause I'm not a 'glued to the tube couch potato' kinda guy. But there's an new one on this season that I really like. It's called No Ordinary Family . It grabbed my attention because I like to write. Plus I'm a fan of the idea that people can become more than who they are. This story starts as a result of a bright idea! Then to move it along... an 'accident'. And, boy, they sure had a lollapalooza. (Why didn't I think of it?...oh, well).

In order to 'spend more quality time together, it was decided that they go on a family outing. A picnic? Nah, too easy. So they all hopped on a plane and headed for 'adventure'. A storm came up, the plane went down and they got plopped in the middle of a river in the jungle. The foursome survived but their real adventure didn't began until after they got home again.

Each family member had developed a different 'superpower' that coincided with what they thought they were lacking as a person. It was like a 'miracle vitamin' that filled in what they felt was a deficiency in their character. I think that's one heck of a lesson to be learned by all of us...but not in such a BIG way. We've got to believe in ourselves first and tell each other about our 'strengths'...but all to often we get to busy to notice much less communicate. Great writing...good show. Hmmm. Mebbe I should become a TV critic or somethin'. Nah, I'd have to watch too much TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It only happens in the movies....???

What's a...serious side?

My roller skating sweater...